The market for steroids is a thriving one all over the world. Unfortunately, where there’s money to be made, there are people ready to cheat their way to profit. In the world of steroids, that means counterfeit steroids that offer none of the benefits and may come with seriously dangerous side effects.
Fake steroids are a huge problem and can end up draining your bank account. And the risk of blowing your money on fake testosterone and other steroids is even higher when you are buying on the internet. The convenience of online shopping comes at a price.
Fortunately, there ARE some legit steroid sites out there and it is possible to find real steroids online. You just need to know where to look at and how to separate the legit from the counterfeit. That’s exactly what this article is here to help you do.
The Dangers of Fake Steroids
There are a lot of counterfeit steroids on the market. So many, in fact, that many people will tell you to completely avoid buying online because it is simply too risky. But the risk is still there even if you buy from a person.
But if you don’t have a prescription to get your legal steroids through a doctor, the unfortunate truth is that you are taking that risk no matter where you buy your steroids from. There are a lot of problems that come with buying fake steroids including:
- Wasting your money. Fake steroids will cost about the same as real steroids. In some cases, they may be sold suspiciously cheap (a huge red flag that often means they are not real). No matter how cheap they seem, it is a waste of money though because they simply are not the steroids you are hoping to buy so they will not give you the results you are expecting to get.
- Wasting your time. If you’re using fake steroids, you’re wasting time on injecting or ingesting a product that will do nothing to improve your workout. The longer you spend using these counterfeit products, the more time you are wasting that could have been better spent on testing the product first and making sure it’s actually going to work the way it promises.
- Counterfeit steroids are usually not made with as much care as the real stuff. They are produced in conditions that aren’t sterile and could contain contaminates that will end up running through your body and causing all manner of infection.
- Whether it’s because the particular contaminate is life-threatening or because it was purposely laced with a deadly toxin or contaminate, fake steroids can be deadly. And when you don’t know what’s really in that vial, there just really is no way of knowing what it will do to you.
Testing Steroids For Potency And Purity
There are a few different ways to make sure that the steroids you just bought are, indeed the real deal:
- Watch and wait. If you’re willing to take the risk (we don’t recommend it), just buy a small test batch and start using it. Track your progress. If you’re not progressing any faster than you would be without steroids, chances are you got a fake. If you’re seeing symptoms of infection (such as skin irritation or cold/flu like symptoms), stop immediately.
- Check packaging. This is not a full guarantee but some of the less careful counterfeiters will have packaging that looks unprofessional. If it’s not sealed well, the seal is broken, the labelling looks suspicious, or anything else gives you cause for concern, don’t trust it.
- Get a home test kit. There are home kits you can buy that test the potency of the steroids and the purity of the contents so you can make sure that it not only is what it claims to be but contains as much as it claims to contain.
- Get it professionally tested. You can send a small batch (as little as one drop) off to a lab and have the contents tested to find out what’s in it and how pure/potent it is. This is the absolute best (but also most expensive) way to go if you want to be 100% totally sure of what you are buying.
How to Find Legit Steroid Sites
Finding a legit steroid site is a challenge. On the internet, there are so many fake companies and fake products—possibly even more fake ones than legit ones. But here are a few tips for separating the counterfeits from the legit sites:
- Check contact information. A fake site will either not have any real contact information (like phone or address) or when you test it, you’ll find that it’s either fake or not at all connected to the company.
- Prices are too good to be true. When buying steroids, you pay for quality. If the prices seem too good to be true, they definitely are. Do not trust it.
- No secured card payments. If they do not offer secured card payments through their own website, with verification, they are not a legit steroid site. If they ask for payments via Paypal or Western Union, then you can kiss that money goodbye and probably won’t see any product, real or fake. It’s alright if those payment methods are options available but they should never be the only options. And you should avoid using them until you know you can trust the source.
A Guide to Buying Steroids from a New Source
Here are a few tips for making sure what you are buying is exactly what it claims to be and finding a legit source for buying real steroids:
- Read reviews from many different sources. Online forums and reviews are a great place to start your search. Seeing what real people who have really used the product or bought from the site have to say can give you a sense of whether or not it might be a legitimate source for buying steroids. However, take all information you find online with a grain of salt. Companies who are willing to sell fake steroids are also perfectly willing to post fake reviews. So use reviews with caution as a means of seeing what kind of sites are out there and which ones might be worth looking into.
- Talk to people you know who use steroids. Get recommendations from people who have already been through the process. But keep in mind, one recommendation does not necessarily guarantee it’s the real deal. That person may be using fake steroids without even realizing it. So taking their recommendations is a good place to start your research but do not take it entirely on faith unless you know they have thoroughly tested and made sure that they have found a legit steroid source.
- Choose a site that seems a legit. Check through a few different potential sources and narrow it down to the ones that fulfill the points discussed in the previous section about finding a legit site. This does not guarantee that you’ll get the real deal but the chances of getting real steroids are much higher on a site like this than on one that doesn’t pass the test.
- Buy a small test batch to start. Even if everything you’ve read from reviews or heard from friends and fellow athletes seems to check out, do not go all in with your first purchase. Buy a small batch to test first. That way, if it does turn out to be fake, you didn’t blow hundreds on fake gear.
- Get the small batch tested. Testing kits and professional testing can both seem a bit pricey. But trust us, it is worth the cost. Because once you find a product that passes the test, you have a reliable source that you can go to regularly without needing to go through this research and testing process all over again.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of fake steroids out there on the market that can be a huge waste of your time and money—not to mention a danger to your health. But there are ways to make sure you are spending your hard earned cash on real and effective steroids. You just need to put the extra effort in to make sure you are getting what you pay for.
And once you find a source that you have verified is selling the real deal, you can keep going back with the confidence that you are getting exactly what you need to take your workout to the next level and get the sculpted, muscular body you have been working so hard to get.