When we think of steroids, we usually think of them as something people use to get super bulked up. And they certainly can help you do that. But did you know they can also help you lose weight?
Some steroids not only trigger muscle growth but also stimulate your body to burn more fat. That means if you have some stubborn extra body fat you can’t seem to lose or you have a lot of body fat that you are trying to get rid of quickly, steroids are worth considering as long as you understand the side effects and risks involved.
In this quick guide, we’re going to talk about the best steroid for cutting and give you some useful tips for using steroids to burn fat and get that extra weight off once and for all, including what we think is the best stack for cutting.
Diet & Workout For Weight Loss
Any weight loss program begins with making changes to your lifestyle. Rather than choosing one of those extreme diet or workout plans, opt for making permanent healthy changes to how you eat and how much exercise you get.
If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to permanently change to a healthy lifestyle.
While losing weight, the key is to eat less calories than you burn. The average person burns about 2,000 calories per day but when you include your workouts into it, the number will go up. That means you can maintain a 2,000 calorie diet so long as you are getting enough exercise to burn more than that.
In terms of what you should be eating, try to aim for a nutritional balance like this:
- 40% protein. You want a lot of protein to help nurture new muscle growth because muscle helps you burn fat. But get your protein from lean sources like fish, poultry, nuts, seeds, and legumes.
- 45% carbs. Carbs are actually a dangerous thing for people trying to lose weight. Although you need a lot, you should avoid breads and starchy carbs. Stick with mainly fruits and veggies. You can also eat oats, quinoa, and other healthy whole grains.
- 15% fats. You do need fat in your diet. But it should come from healthy sources. Foods high in unsaturated fats are the best. This includes nuts, seeds, and many plant oils (olive, coconut, almond, etc). But do not use corn oil, soy oil, or those generic bottles of “vegetable oil.” Fish is another great source of healthy fats.
In terms of workout, you want to lose weight, you’ll want to hit the gym (or wherever you are planning to do your exercise) about 4 to 5 times per week. That may sound like a lot but you don’t have to do long sessions.
If you are really out of shape, a short session of 20 or 30 minutes is a good place to start. It’s better to do short sessions more often throughout the week than just 1 or 2 long sessions. Finally, your main focus should be cardio. Cardio workouts burn the most fat. But do include some strength training to stimulate muscle growth.
Steroid Cutting Cycle
While steroids are usually thought of as a means of bulking up, they can also be used for losing weight. Testosterone cutting is effective because building muscle actually helps you burn fat since muscle requires more calories to function. That is, the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn because muscle uses up a lot of energy.
A good steroid cutting stack might include:
Here is potentially the best cutting cycle for beginners:
- Winstrol: 40 mg per day
- Anavar: 40 mg per day
- Trenbolone: 50 mg every other day
Take these in pill or tablet form. If you are using injections, you need to use less. Use these doses as described for a 4 week cycle. Then follow that with at least a 4 week break where you continue your diet and workout program but don’t use any steroids at all.
If you’ve never done steroids at all, you might consider starting with just one of the above instead of stacking all three. That way, you can get an idea of how steroids are affecting your system.
Steroid Side Effects
While steroids can be a great way to help boost your diet and exercise program and see those weight loss results faster, there are some side effects that you should be aware of so that you are prepared for what can happen.
- Liver damage. Damage to the liver will happen especially when you use steroids in the form of pills or tablets. It puts a lot of strain on your liver to break down and process these substances. So we don’t recommend them for long term use.
- Heart problems. Some cutting steroids can cause problems with your heart. This is because they tend to raise your blood pressure and your cholesterol levels. So if either of these are problems you already have, you may want to skip the steroids or at least keep very close tabs on your blood pressure and cholesterol levels while on them.
- Mood changes. Many steroids tend to increase aggression and aggressive behavior. They can also cause depression and anxiety.
Not all the side effects are permanent or seriously harmful but it’s important to know what to expect and what to watch out for.
Steroids can be a very helpful tool for shedding those extra pounds as long as you use the right kind of steroids and use them in the right doses along with an effective diet and exercise plan for weight loss. However, there are some side effects that should be considered before you make the decision on whether or not to use them.